Sorry for the delay as we upgraded our servers. If you have any problems with this new server, please let us know how we can improve it.
The word list used by this website is based on the Enhanced North American Benchmark Lexicon (ENABLE) word list, a public domain list used by many word games. We added a few of our own words to game such as "texting" and "zen".
When using the word builder and Starts With, Contains, or Ends With, do not include the letter in the original available letters.
The len column is the length of the word.
The ws column is our best estimate on the word's score while playing the game Words With Friends.
The ss column is our best estimate on the word's score while playing the game Scrabble.
This site does not take in to account blank tiles (when using a "?") when calculating the score. All scores use the normal score value of the character.
This site returns a limit of 1000 words per search
- 10 Dec 2012 - Added Responsive design using Twitter Bootsrap to work better on smaller devices
- 04 Jul 2012 - Fixed bugs with Google+ and Facebook like button. Added notes for Draw Something
- 15 Dec 2011 - Fixed capital letter inputs in starts, contains, ends with
- 15 Dec 2011 - When you search for a word on starts, contains, or ends with pages the url now captures the letters searched for. This helps with the auto-refreshing of the page on your iOS device
- 15 Dec 2011 - Updated max length default to 8 for starts, contains, ends with pages
- 15 Dec 2011 - Fixed multiple letters in start, contains, ends with
- 15 Dec 2011 - Fixed problem with blanks (designated with a "?") not returning all possibilities
- We are not completely convinced that all blanks, multiple blanks, starts with, contains, and ends with are working 100%. If you think there is a problem, please let us know what combinations are not getting the right results.
- We are also working on an API that will allow the tiles to be input an an XML file with the resulting words that can be created using those tiles will be output. If this is of interest to you, please leave a comment below.